Cost Savings Generation
As a full-service supplier, our relationship with the customer is a true partnership. We are committed to comprehensively lowering operational costs with tailored access to some of the best cost reduction services and support in the industry.
Key focus areas:
- Approved Manufacturing List (AML) – Through the use of Wolseley Industrial Group’s AML, we believe customers have the ability to lower costs.
- Product standardization – Our commitment to implement a valve standardization program results in our customers receiving better pricing and SKU standardization across all locations.
- Trilateral vendor negotiations – Utilizing our resources, we lead the charge to negotiate new levels of procurement opportunities as our partnerships with key vendors are shared with the customer.
- Continuous process improvement – Aimed at driving costs out of your business.
- National and local technical support – Continuously drive technically-driven problem solutions throughout each facility.
Wolseley Industrial Group is consistently reducing our internal costs-to-serve and supports the cost reduction goals of our customers. We take a comprehensive approach to total cost of ownership (TCO) on all levels of our relationship as a value supply partner. Quantifiable key areas that we focus on to identify substantial results from this process include:
- Identifying and/or using global sources for major equipment and materials
- Design innovation
- Use of alternative technology
- Use of alternate specifications to reduce overall project and future maintenance costs
- Reduce engineering and maintenance cycle time
- Standardization and use of vendors more effectively during design
- Reuse of existing equipment
- Maximize inventory return-on-investment
To help us manage this collective process, we conduct extensive associate training and use SalesTrat, cost savings management software. This software is a dedicated enterprise-wide solution designed to meet the requirements of our industrial process customers. This allows each servicing entity within Wolseley Industrial Group to document and submit cost saving events to our customers in a consistent format explaining and quantifying each event.